Windows EngineerReq #:
Information Systems and ITStatus:
RWJBarnabas Health Corporate ServicesLocation:
IT&S Service Support, 95 Old Short Hills Road, West Orange, NJ 07052 Job Summary:
The Windows Engineer is a critical role to support our vast server infrastructure that provides clinical and business applications. This person will be responsible for Windows planning, design and optimization activities.Essential Functions:
- Participates in, plans and recommends Windows and related IT technology asset architectures and recommends new/emerging technology for application into the enterprise
- Perform Windows system engineering, design and validation
- Assist with the development and implementation of automated systems for RWJBH Corporate and Affiliate entities.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows and related technology infrastructure environments.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IS policies, procedures and SLAs pertaining to Vmware, AD, Citrix, Cisco UCS, HPE Synergy and other IT Infrastructure.
- Plan and participate in scheduled off-hours infrastructure upgrades and an on-call schedule for support.
- Perform analysis required to define reporting requirements. (e.g., Performance, Capacity, Change management)
- Proactively monitor Windows and related system information technology assets, assessing and making recommendations for improvement to provide stable, dependable technology asset services and provide ongoing trend analysis.
- Provide customer and peer training on Windows and related technology infrastructure toolsets, processes and procedures as required.
- Willingness and ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure
- Provide daily operations support and maintenance for RWJBH Windows and related information technology assets.
- Perform Windows system engineering, design, troubleshooting, and validation in the following verticals:
- PhysicalVirtual Infrastructure
- Citrix Infrastructure 7.15 and higher ( XenApp, XenDesktop and Netscaler products)
- Knowledge of backup solutions (Veritas Netbackup, Backup Exec and ArcServ)
- Bachelor s degree preferred. Certification or equivalent may be substituted for a BA/BS degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in information technology and services.
- Experience in health care field helpful, but not required.
- Experience working in virtualized server environments, VMWARE 6.0, 6.5, 6.7 and Citrix 7.15 or higher
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop technologies VMware Horizon View, Citrix Xendesktop
- Working experience with Windows Server family of operating systems (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Knowledge of Storage Resource Management technologies EMC, 3PAR, Compellent,NetApp
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Microsoft SQL, Windows Clustering, Microsoft ADFS, etc)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Additional Information:
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Barnabas Health is New Jersey’s largest integrated health care delivery system, providing treatment and services to more than two million patients each year. Throughout Barnabas Health, our dedicated physicians, nurses, and health professionals are committed to providing the highest quality of patient care and health education to the community and region.
Barnabas Health offers a broad depth and breadth of services and is one of the leading health care systems in the nation, receiving widespread recognition for clinical excellence and patient safety. Barnabas Health’s network includes seven acute care hospitals, two children’s hospitals, a behavioral health center, including a statewide behavioral health network, ambulatory care facilities, geriatric centers, specialized women’s health services, and comprehensive home care and hospice services. Our 5,200 doctors and 21,000 employees deliver top quality care to 1.5 million outpatients, 220,000 inpatients, and 540,000 Emergency Department patients, and deliver 20,000 babies each year.
We want our patients and their families to know that they can expect the highest level of care, delivered cost-effectively, wherever they see the name Barnabas Health. Each Barnabas employee contributes to a culture of responsibility, improvement, and quality at every one of our facilities, every day.