GCI's Project Controls Quality & Compliance will work in conjunction with the PMO to ensure all quality control, product services follow and meet the directives of the company's compliance initiatives. Participate and work with stakeholders to develop necessary safeguards to ensure a quality product and that all services delivered meet or exceed the company's standards. Ensures work performed follows stated objectives and objectives are completed on time. Promote a "quality culture" by working with teams to confirm product quality from design through deployment and operations. Identify compliance risks and work with appropriate stakeholders around risk awareness and mitigation. Responsible for working with teams ensuring all aspects of a project/s within the PMO to certify projects are completed on-time and within budget. Review for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverables. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects.
Essential Duties of Position:
· Develop, implement and revise quality standards, tools and methods in order to meet department goals.
· Implement quality assurance and quality control processes and systems.
· Develop processes for reporting analytics reflecting any deficiencies in service or performance that will recommend products or service improvements.
· Oversee, define and monitor metrics to assess performance requirements.
· Coordinate between program teams, internal sub-departments and personnel.
· planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and quality review for company PMO projects.
· Plan, organize, implement, and monitor all aspects of established safety and security policies, procedures, and programs to mitigate risk.
· Develop and define project controls objectives, including performance, cost, and schedule objectives and metrics (KPIs).
· Develop enterprise project governance processes and procedures.
· Work with Financial Analysts Project Planner's, recommending cost techniques to enable alignment of project management requirements with standard accounting practices.
· Train and develop teams on project controls, quality control and company compliance and procedures.
· Conduct Change Log, Risk Log and Project reviews.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Organizational skill- ability to develop and interact with other business units within the company. Flexible and able to multitask; work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
· Communications skills - excellent verbal and written communication required. Must be able to articulate information to internal and external customers with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with peers and other groups throughout the company for the benefit of our customers.
· Analytical skills - demonstrated ability to analyze challenging problems and situations leading to optimal solutions. Gather and analyze information obtained from intra-departmental and inter-departmental personnel; effectively interpret and apply accounting principles, business economics and company policies, procedures, schedules/timelines and technical guidelines; think independently and weigh the reliability/accuracy of the information obtained; identify inconsistencies between existing and updated information/documentation/procedures and inconsistencies with related information and/or expectations; challenge the assumptions and/or suggest amendments/corrections to maintain uniformity, consistency and accuracy.
· Strong personal computer skills required including knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Applications, SharePoint, MS Project or Primavera(P6); and ability to support all end users.
· Self-motivated with the desire to continually grow and excel.
· Demonstrated ability to support established policies, procedures and required audit controls.
· People skills - ability to work with diverse individuals from multiple professional disciplines in support of a common goal.
· Time Management skills - ability to work with multiple high priorities under tight deadlines.
· Interpersonal skills - demonstrated ability to work well with others under stressful, time restricted conditions, displaying patience and tolerance and promoting teamwork.
This is an entry level position within the project controls/compliance quality discipline. Works under close supervision on assigned tasks; prepares and issues project progress, performance, specialize, cost, contract, and cash flow reports to the project, finance team and management. Understands and ensures regulatory compliance and all project process are in line with the company's compliance directives.
A minimum of four years' experience in project controls, analytics, or related field. Experience to included one year in an office administration environment regarding project coordination preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor's degree in Business or Construction Management, Project or Operations Management, Communications, Accounting or related field is required. Or, a combination of relevant work experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties of the job may substitute to meet the total years required on a year-for-year basis.
Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) highly valued.
Physical Requirements: Standard office environment. Constant repetitive keyboarding and video terminal display exposure. Ability to perform sedentary work. Physical effort should include the necessary dexterity to perform the tasks of the job. Clarity of vision to see near, mid-range, and color. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
Working Conditions: Most activities conducted inside under pleasant climatic conditions. Work can be intense and stressful due to time/resource limitations when scheduling multiple tasks with inflexible deadlines. Work is multi-task, often with simultaneous or overlapping deadlines in an environment of every changing technology and workforce development. Some weekend and holiday work may be required to meet deadlines and support remotely located personnel. Travel for business and training purposes may be required.
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you will be requested to provide emergency after hours contact numbers, to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those services.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and a satisfactory driving record.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.