Distribution Routing & Wave Planning Analyst
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The role ensures the Wave Planning and Routing teams have the most efficient processes and tools to ensure on time planning and routing with the most current understanding of potential business and KPI impacts through reporting, communication and data:
• Develop and enhance the end-to-end waving/routing processes, communication, visibility, and efficiencies.
• Research and optimize planning parameters to ensure orders are available to the operation to meet expected service level agreements, DC KPIs and Performance Metrics.
• Support and contribute to the end-to-end process of planning, waving, routing and the outbound scheduling of daily orders and waves.
• Manage and distribute regular, reliable reports in formats and frequencies required for waving, routing, outbound operations and the overall Productivity Planning landscape.
• Initiate, develop, and maintain KPIs for the waving and routing teams.
• Sustain the continuity of reports being generated within the department.
• Assist in development of new operational and management reports for the waving and routing functions and the overall department.
• Document training methods and standard operating procedures for a best-in-class onboarding experience.
• Communicate and provide visibility to key tracking information to key stakeholders with a specific focus on target achievement.
• Vet and test new reporting tools and new releases of existing reporting tools that may be necessary to enhance current process, reporting and visibility.
• Support specific projects undertaken within the department through data gathering, analysis, report development, presentations and recommendations.
• Develop understanding of interdependencies between systems, datasets, and processes.
• Use reporting as a tool to drive change within waving, routing, and DC Operations.
• Distribution: Routing, Wave Planning, Productivity Planning, DC Operations, Reporting & Analytics, Inventory Control
• Supply Chain Management: Compliance and Transportation.
• Customer Service / Sales.
• Brand Operations and Top Account Logistics Partners.
• Transportation Partners
• Global IT
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Supply Chain / Logistics / Operations background.
• Excellent analytical skills and data analysis techniques.
• Advanced MS Excel (pivot tables, power queries, macros) and MS Access (database creation, query design) skills required, SQL knowledge preferred.
• Experience with SCI, MicroStrategy and Tableau a plus
• Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills.
• Understanding of data mining, machine learning, and advanced analytics a plus.
• Experience with WMS (Manhattan), Planning or Routing, a plus
• Ability to anticipate opportunities and offer solutions.
• Ability to challenge the status quo.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong team player with proven ability to work cross-functionally to achieve objectives.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
Four-year degree from college or university required with emphasis in data analytics, supply chain management or logistics preferred,
Minimum 3+ years related progressive work experience and/or training,
Or, equivalent combination of education and experience
Fluent in English (oral and in writing)
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete's mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture - the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don't have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning - it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other's abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors' training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Distribution Routing & Wave Planning Analyst
TEAM: Supply Chain Management
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Sep 17, 2021